Skip to main content

Bollywood Celebrity Rishi Kapoor passes away at 67

Thursday, 30th April, 2020

Yesterday Irrfan sir and today Rishi Kapoor ji. 2020 is proving to be the worst nightmare for every Indian. Amidst the corona virus pandemic, Cancer too doesn't fail to show how ruthless it can be! Rishi Ji was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and had undergone treatment and recovery in New York for almost a year. He left us today at Shri H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai. Rishi Ji's brother Randhir Kapoor confirmed the news to the media this morning. Rishi ji was in the ICU for almost a week and was not well since then.

In a conference with Hindustan Times, he had said," I feel very fresh and geared up to do any kind of work. My batteries are all charged and I'm looking forward to facing the camera. I just hope I haven't forgotten acting. Right now, I don't know if my work will be welcomed or if people are going to trash me. When I was going through the treatment, I had a few blood transfusions. And I told Neetu that I hope with the new blood, I haven't forgotten acting."


Rishi Ji and his wife Neetu Kapoor were in New York till the time Rishi Ji underwent narrow treatment and operation, while son Ranbir and his rumoured girlfriend Alia Bhatt made regular trips to go and meet him. Many other bollywood celebs payed a visit to him at his residence there in New York, including Priyanka Chopra, Anupam Kher, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Karan Johar and Malaika Arora.  Rishi Ji had returned to India in September last year.


Rishi Ji made his debut into the Bollywood Film Industry as a child artist in his father, Raj Kapoor's film Mera Naam Joker in 1970 and did his first film 'Bobby' as an adult opposite Dimple Kapadia and went on to receive Filmfare Best Actor Award in 1974. Rishi Ji came into the limelight and became audience's favorite with his 11 hits including Bobby, Laila majnu, Rafoo Chakkar, Nagina, Prem Rog and 6 others. His last film as a romantic lead was Karobaar: The Business of Love(2000). From the 2000's he moved to supporting roles, and since then he never failed to impress us with his role in Hum Tum, Yeh hai Jalwa, Fanaa, Namastey London, Patiala House, Housefull 2 etc. His appearance in 102 Not Out starring him and Shri Amitabh Bacchan in 2018, was unfortunately his last movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

81 Festivals Of India| Beautiful Festivals in India | Fresio Blogs

Festivals In India - 81 Beautiful Festivals Of India India(Bharat) - The Land of Spices and the Largest Democracy in the World is also known for its beautiful culture, monuments, and of course, its festivals . Festivals in India are celebrated with immense pride and faith. Although India is home to more than 8 different religions, every festival of every religion in India is celebrated like nowhere else. Well, we all knew that festivals have a very special place in the hearts of Indians but have you ever thought about how many festivals does India Celebrate? Well, if you didn't, we've figured it out for you! By the way, feel free to leave a comment below, if you think I missed a Festival, I'll make sure the list is updated. ;) "To other countries, I may go as a tourist, but to India, I come as a Pilgrim"   Martin Luther King, Jr. But Before diving into this long list of festivals, did you know what India was around 140 million years ago? Well, if you don't, g...

19 Popular Brand Acronyms with their Full Form | Indian Brands | Fresio Blogs

A company is known by its name! More simple and appealing the name, more customer it attracts! Let's see how the company's below attracted customers with their appealing acronyms which would otherwise have been something different! Hope you find this blog interesting. We have many moe exciting blogs coming up! Connect with us on Facebook!

Human Body: A Science Beyond Science | Interesting Facts about Human Body | Fresio Blogs

 Do you know that your brain has a space that can store unlimited data? Or the "Tree Of Life" in our Brain? Or the "Spirit Molecule" that is produced during our Birth and Death? Or the fact that human body can do telepathy and communicate without saying anything at all? Well, This isn't everything the human body has to offer. There are a number of mysteries that are still hidden from us. In this Blog, we will start with the unique characteristics that a human brain can do! In later blogs, we will be taking up other aspects of the human body. Enjoy! The Human Brain If we start explaining everything that the Human Brain can do, the man-made server may crash, therefore, we'll just stick to a few interesting and amazing things that only a Human Brain can do!  Your Brain has the ability to store unlimited amount of data and can do things that can amaze us every second. Although many studies say that a Human Brain has the capacity of near about 2.5 Petabytes whi...